Rick,

Face the music and learn to dance?  I've been playing this game a long time,
and I
know enough to budget for this.  Understand, however, that the nature of our
license
agreement does not base pricing on processor tier, but rather on number of
concurrent users.  I don't know what Angela's situation is, but her postings
imply that
she has per user licensing.

Yes, it will cost me money to upgrade, for which I will receive benefit.
That's what the
budget process is for.

I've seen a lot of unscrupulous business practices from vendors.  I think ten
grand to
issue a key to someone who already has the right to use the software is
unscrupulous, whether you agree or not.  I would not object to a nominal
administrative fee, it does take a minimum of time and resources to issue a
key, but
$10,000 is way overboard for something like this.

It may interest you to know that the last time I upgraded hardware, there was
*NO*
charge to issue me a key.  I wasn't on OGS then, and I'm not now.  What has
changed?  Only the ownership.

Did they force me to a different processor?  Why would you think that is
relevant?
The issue is that I have a license that permits me to use the software
*regardless* of
what processor I run it on.  A software license is a legally binding and
enforcable
contract, for both the user and the vendor.  I can go up to a certain number of
concurrent users.  If I want more people, I pay more dollars and would expect
to.

I don't particularly want something for nothing, I just think that the fee is
exhorbitant.

--Chris