Rick,

Didn't mean to give you the impression I thought otherwise.    BTW, we haven't
upgraded yet, we are in the budgeting process, and the number for a new key (as
quoted by SSA GT) is $10,000.  When we execute the upgrade, whatever fee we do
pay will be a part of the expenditure for that upgrade.

The one other complicating factor is the change of ownership.  Since our last
upgrade, SSA has become SSA GT.  Does SSA GT have the same obligation to me
under the license agreement that SSA had?  I would say yes.  I'm sure they will
try to
say otherwise.

You're absolutely right that my purse will be lighter.  I want to minimize the
reduction,
where possible.  I will cajole, beg, and threaten as necessary to bring the
number
down, but like you said, there are real limits to what I can do.  I'm not
Allied Signal or
Dupont Chemical or somebody big, with a big fat hammer to wave about.

Thanks for the good wishes!  If you're a prayin' man, say one or two for me!
I'm in the
process of adopting my step-kids, and need all the help I can get!