From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com] On Behalf Of Chris Bipes
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 3:25 PM
To: 'midrange-l@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: AS400 Newbie Help

First is to contact IBM and purchase a new Ethernet card.  IBM will
install, probably for a price.  Once installed, CRTLINETH to create the
line description.  If all you need is TCP/IP running you will not need
to create a controller for the line.  Next type "CFGTCP" and press
enter.  This will bring you to the menu for configuring TCP and all the
services you need. Start with option 1, 2, then 20 to configuring
applications.  I can help further once you have the Ethernet cards
installed.

Christopher K. Bipes      mailto:ChrisB@Cross-Check.com
Operations & Network Mgr  mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
CrossCheck, Inc.                  http://www.cross-check.com
6119 State Farm Drive     Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park CA  94928    Fax: 707 586-1884