I would add:  the question probably hinges on what EXACTLY *IS* possible.
The theory being the inverse of my previous argument.  If "affordable and as
easy as green-screen was possible", it would already exist.

If you buy my argument that LANSA, MRC, BCD, Cool, Seagull, Jacada, (yada,
yada, yada...;-) DON'T exhibit these qualities and/or are NOT
"affordable" --> it must not be possible.  If it was possible, then these
ISVs would be marketing it already.  (OR they just don't see a market where
I see one, but that's pretty hard to believe.)

Let me save a lot of time arguing:  the proof is in the pudding.  I can
disprove the argument, totally and completely, only by providing a product
that does this.  What I'm doing is "market research" on the cheap.

BTW, if that's a conflict of interest with your employer, Janet, I'm willing
to deal.

(Now, off to tilt with some more windmills:  slay the myth of the advantages
of OSS development methodology...  I don't know if I'm brave, and/or just
plain foolhardy... LOL...!)

jt

"Have a GREAT day...!  And a BETTER ONE TOMORROW~~~:-)" (sm)