Melodramatic?  Maybe.  But I can't remember the last time IBM stood up to
one very specific "application", and based on IBM's statements to date, it
appears IBM considers the use of TT to be a violation of licensing
agreements.

So, if you install this chimera and something bad happens to your system, do
you think your boss, or the owner, or the board of directors will applaud
and say, "Hey, nice try!"  Sorry, the line for the lynching party forms at
the end.  If one of my valued, long-time people even downloaded TT without
talking to me, it would be the end of that career.

Regardless of what you think about the legality/morality/ethics of TT, there
is a risk to being a pioneer.  While it's nice to posture and talk tough
about installing TT, anybody who does this without consulting with, and
getting a blessing from, his/her organization's senior management is a fool.
When the opportunity to save "zillions of dollars" by adopting an alternate
solution exists, there are almost always tradeoffs; your management needs to
hear the good, bad, and ugly of the TT story first.  Then let _them_ decide
if they want to save zillions.  This is the way organizations are supposed
to work; things are a lot different if you're churning out code on your own.

Go ahead with TigerTools but make sure you have your boss's signature on the
authorization letter...and take the letter home!
Brad's comments regarding malicious intent are exactly right and I doubt IBM
would try that.  And maybe your system's undersized anyway...