Multi issue:

1)  NetServer is independent of the version of Client Access installed on
your computer.  In fact you do not need Client Access to use drives on your
400 anymore.  You will need one PC with Client Access to configure Net
Server on your 400.  This PC will use Operations Navigator.  It can be done
via green screen by calling many API's - no commands.  However Op's Nav
beats the green screen configuration of NetServer hands down.

2)  Client Access V3R1M2.  At the very minimum, run V3R2M0.

3)  Will it work on V3R2 or V3R7?  Sooner or later bite the bullet!
>From the following link:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/html/as400/v5r1/ic2924/info/rzahl/rzahlrequirements.htm#HDRREQUIREMENTS
To function properly on iSeries and with network clients, AS/400 NetServer
requires the following:
- An iSeries system properly connected with Version 4 Release 2 (V4R2)
OS/400, or later, configured for a TCP/IP network.

Netserver performance, etc got much better as releases went by.

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    "Bale, Dan"
                    <Dan.Bale@handleman       To:     <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    .com>                     cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     RE: CAE NetServer
access to V3R2 IFS? (was RE: Client
                    drange.com                 Access"Sig non to AS/400" window)

                    10/01/2001 02:58 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

But is NetServer a Client Access animal or an OS/400 animal?

In other words, I have CAE v4r4.  Will I get NetServer by virtue of
installing CAE v4r4?  Or is NetServer only available from OS/400 v4r2 &
higher?

It's beginning to sound as though I will lose all access to my V3R2 &
V3R7 systems' IFS objects through Windows Explorer if I replace CA
v3r1m2 with CAE v4r2.  Can someone confirm or deny?

TIA

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company