  • Subject: Re: Entire RAID set non-reporting
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 04:14:33 -0500

Well, I don't have my manual here to check, but one possibility is the system password needs to be entered.
Try a manual IPL and see if you are prompted for it.

A few other things to check.  (Did you recently apply PTF's ?).
First - see if you can IPL from the 'A' side ('A N').
As you're on V4R3, see if you have PTF MF22244.  If you do, make sure you also have MF21962 (MF24930 is latest superseding PTF).
Also suggest applying MF22745 & MF24730.

PTF MF20951 can cause SRCA6005090.  Make sure you have MF21590 (or newest supersed MF24979) installed.

If it is a hardware problem, does one of the reference codes show a serial # for one of your disks (maybe in 17-3) ?

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
50 Acadia Avenue, Ste.102                   AS/400~~~~~
Markham, Ontario, Canada.   ____________          ___  ~
Phone:(905) 474-4890 x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:  (905) 474-4898         oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com     iSeries 400  The Ultimate Business Server

Douglas Handy <dhandy1@bellsouth.net>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com