My NWSD for a model 400 under 4.4 is also a base.  I configured to not start
TCP/IP and not start NetBios.  I did not configure the TCP/IP parms, just
the basics.

Here is the display of the NWSD:
Network server description . . . . :   NWSD        NWS01
Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   OPTION      *BASIC

Resource name  . . . . . . . . . . :   RSRCNAME    CC02
Network server type  . . . . . . . :   TYPE        *BASE
Online at IPL  . . . . . . . . . . :   ONLINE      *YES
Vary on wait . . . . . . . . . . . :   VRYWAIT     *NOWAIT
Language version . . . . . . . . . :   LNGVER      2924
Country code . . . . . . . . . . . :   CNTRYCODE   1
Code page  . . . . . . . . . . . . :   CODEPAGE    850
NetBIOS description  . . . . . . . :   NTB         QNTBIBM
Start NetBIOS  . . . . . . . . . . :   STRNTB      *NO
Start TCP/IP . . . . . . . . . . . :   STRTCP      *NO
Server message queue . . . . . . . :   MSGQ        *JOBLOG
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . . :
Configuration file . . . . . . . . :   CFGFILE     *NONE
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . . :
Synchronize date and time  . . . . :   SYNCTIME    *YES
Text . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   TEXT        *BLANK

Network server description . . . . :   NWSD        NWS01
Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   OPTION      *PORTS
Ports  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   PORTS

-----Attached lines------
Port           Attached
number         line
1              ETH01

The rest is all *NONE.

Christopher K. Bipes    mailto:ChrisB@Cross-Check.com
Sr. Programmer/Analyst  mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
CrossCheck, Inc.        http://www.cross-check.com
6119 State Farm Drive   Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park CA  94928  Fax: 707 586-1884

If consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, only geniuses work here.
Karen Herbelin - Readers Digest 3/2000