  • Subject: Re: Can 9404 link to a PC
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 8:09:43 -0500

Glenn,

You are right, PC Support may be a bit of a challenge.  However she wants to
download data from her
400 into her PC applications.  Simple emulation will not work.  Using TCP/IP on
that old of OS is out
of the question.  Besides, judging by other posts to this list, TCP/IP does not
unpack fields well and
I am going to assume that some of her applications pack data.  For data
transfer, without programming,
Client Access is MY preferred method of data transfer.  PC Support is a fair
second.  I am not familiar
with third party applications.  But if you stick with the IBM solutions you
will likely find more
support, such as this list.

Rob
If  you read the note carefully she only saw the AS400 a month ago for the
first time[ assume no education on same] so PC Support will be a bit of a
challange.  Earlier in the thread .. . . All this is  temporary to
whatever there Y2K solution provider is bring in house. . . .a little[
about a few months] past the  horizon date.
                                                Glenn