From: Ed Chabot [mailto:echabot@marlinfirearms.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 12:37 PM
To: mapics-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: IBM Printer maintenance contracts

Keith,
A couple of questions:

Have you had to use the maintenance or is it "insurance" for primary
printers that rarely skip a beat?

Have you checked the replacement cost on these or newer printers?

Do you have room for additional printers?  We recently bought a printer
identical to our main system printer for about the cost of a 1 year
maintenance contract.  We use both printers to spread the workload and the
odds of both of them "crapping out" at the same time is something that I'm
willing to gamble on.

Ed Chabot
The Marlin Firearms Company