  • Subject: RE: Browser - Inquiry to a ALL Customers activity
  • From: paul connolly <paul.connolly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:36:03 +0100

The company I curently work for has decided to buy the MAPICS browser to help with the problem of numerous Customer Order information inquiries. However, before this decision was made I had the opportunity to be shown an excellent piece of database software called "SHOWME" which is marketed by 'OS Solutions International'. I strongly advised my Company to buy this - however things are tight and they don't understand the benefits that this software would give.
To quote the brochure this is a"single point data interrogation tool with the power and efficiency of RPG, requiring only the skill of a good Query/ 400 user".

Basically, its strengths are:

    1) Very fast access to databases without anywhere near the same processing overheads as query
    2) The ability to create parameter driven inquiry screens, with subforms where necessary
    3) Far superior data interrogation tools without the need to know RPG
    4) If you do know RPG then the basic building blocks of an application can be created using SHOWME and then enhanced by going into the generated RPG code and amending where necessary
    5) You can call add-on RPG code from SHOWME type inquiries to provide extra functionality
    6) A powerful data warehousing module which automatically creates inquiry screens to view the mined information.
    7) For what it does it seems very good value for money!

I have not used this software but I am constantly trying to get my Company to buy it!

Check it out - I think you'll be impressed!

Contacts:
UK:-
OS Solutions International Limited
Carrington Business Park