  • Subject: Re: Browser - Inquiry to a ALL Customers activity
  • From: Steve.Watson@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:44:23 -0400

We designed the XA Client Architecture to do exactly what you are asking
for. The Client Architecture provides a client-server architecture to
streamline business processes and customize real-time information to the
exact requirements of each user. The Client Architecture includes
Procurement Management, Engineering Product Data Management, Order Based
Production Management, Customer Service Management, Materials Management
and the XA Bowser.

In your specific example you can use the XA Browser (an inquiry tool over
all XA data) to create a view of the customer information required for a
CSR. They can have a "Workbench" active that on one screen will give them a
view of Orders, Credit Memos, Invoicing, Shipments etc. Using the Broadcast
and Receive function, each view or window will change automatically based
on the customer selected in the first window. The fields shown in each
window can be exactly tailored for each user so just a subset of COM data
is shown. The XA Browser is available with R5.5 and if you have licensed
Foundation then you should already have this application.

If you want more information on the Browser or other Client Architecture
applications, contact me at the email below or check out the XA home page
at http://www.mapics.com. We are also covering Client Architecture modules
in our Netconference program (see web-site for schedule) where you can get
a live demo over the Internet.

Steve Watson
Director of Product Marketing, MAPICS, Inc
steve.watson@mapics.com

+---