On 7/23/20 10:10 AM, midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
QOPenSys is CaSeSenSiive.

Change the QOpenSys in the cl launcher.

That was what I was going to try, at my next opportunity, if nothing better came along, BUT it's never been an issue before with Java 8 on other customer boxes, nor is it with selecting the Java 6 JVM on the box where the problem is occurring. I do note, however, that looking at the environment variables on the QP0ZSPWT (Tomcat JVM -- where does that jobname come from?) job currently running under Java 6 on the "problem" customer box shows that the pathname capitalization self-corrected to
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/64bit

even though the source for that version of the CL launcher program definitely shows
/qopensys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/64bit

and on another customer box (running V7R3), the same self-correction occurrs, from the same launcher CL that's failing on the "problem" customer box, with the Java 8 path.

At any rate, I will correct the capitalization in the launcher, squirt it over to the "problem" box, and see what happens this evening, when I can run another test.

Can anybody explain why, in every case *but* the freshly-installed Java 8 on the "problem" box, the capitalization error would self-correct, but in that one case, it gets rejected instead?

--
JHHL