On 7/23/20 9:36 PM, Gan Zhang wrote:
/qopensys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk80/64bit/bin/java -version

Thanks. I was hoping to figure out a way to test this without having to shut down the customer's Tomcat server and swap CPPs for the STRTOMCAT command (i.e., the Tomcat universal launcher program we provide with our product).

And here is what I got:

/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk80/64bit/bin/java -version
Environment variable QIBM_JVM_ILE_HOME must be set when JAVA_HOME is not a JV1 option directory.

The capitalization difference made no difference:
/qopensys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk80/64bit/bin/java -version
Environment variable QIBM_JVM_ILE_HOME must be set when JAVA_HOME is not a JV1 option directory.

Same story for Java 8 32-bit:
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk80/32bit/bin/java -version
Environment variable QIBM_JVM_ILE_HOME must be set when JAVA_HOME is not a JV1 option directory.

But Java 6 32-bit gives:
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/32bit/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pap3260sr14-20130705_01(SR14))
. . .

and Java 6 64-bit gives:
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/64bit/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pap6460sr14-20130705_01(SR14))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.4, JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 OS/400 ppc64-64 jvmap6460sr14-20130705_01 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
. . .

Something is clearly wonky with the Java 8.

Of course, If you want, you can open a PMR to IBM for further
investigation. thx.

Actually, since it's not *our* box, *we* can't. But the *customer* presumably can, and I was already thinking of that myself, if we can't dope this out.

Incidentally, a Google search on "QIBM_JVM_ILE_HOME" (with or without the complete error message) doesn't appear to return much.

--
JHHL