From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx [mailto:DAsmussen@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 11:25 PM
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: AS/SET Key

Dan,

Well, it has been my experience that SSA/GT has been much better at issuing
keys than was the old SSA.  I went through the key problems with numerous
clients (whose accounts were in order) when I worked for an SSA agent firm
under the old regime.  My recent experience has been that SSA/GT is quite
quick and amicable in providing keys, as long as you don't owe them any
money.

Folks, has this been a problem for anyone else?  Have I just had good luck
over the past couple of years?  I really thought that the key issue had been

resolved, and would like to know if it has not been.

Regards!

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@xxxxxxx

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your
accordion" -- U.S. General Norman Schwarzkoph (Ret.)

In a message dated 4/18/2003 8:47:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, DHolv@xxxxxxx

writes:

> While I agree that "hacking" a program is not the way to solve a problem,
> strongly disagree with your characterization that Guy's company must "owe
> them some money" and should pay up.
>
> There have been numerous postings to this site (and others) on the subject

> of
> the difficulty in obtaining keys from SSA.  I think that we would all be
> well
> served if SSA would publish what their policy is on the issuance of keys
> (instead of surprising companies when they go to upgrade or change, etc.)
>
> It's not nearly as black and white as you portray in your response.

at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.  The
unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden. Badger Meter, Inc. will not be liable for direct,
special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the
contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being
passed on.