Dear Antonio,
OLM is used if you need more detailed information into your ASN's, based on
multiple orders in one shipment, or info like carton info, what's in a box,
what's on a specific pallet, etcetera.
the ECM ASN adapter available today is based on OLM. We at ECS have created
a number of additional ECM adapters to generate several messages based on
default BPCS data.  One of the available adapters is a non-OLM ASN / DESADV
generation adapter. If you, or anyone else, want more info on additional
available adapters for EDI and XML, let me know off-line. Also you can check
our website for additional BPCS add-on products.
regards,
Ben Rinkel
ECS International B.V. - the makers of ECS/intergated email
Ph. +31 229 574331
www.ecs-europe.com

Original msg;
message: 4
date:   Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:18:43 -0400
from:   "Antonio Stroman" <antonio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject:        Benefits of OLM

Hi all, I have a question regarding OLM. As I move forward in using BPCS for
EDI, I am learning more and more of what's involved in conducting ebusiness
with BPCS. I recently added ECM last year and am told that OLM is also a
necessity in being able to send ASN's. I am currently not using OLM and I
was wondering what are the adverse effects that I should expect (if any) and
what benefits (if any) does OLM provide.
TIA  Antonio