  • Subject: Re: Y2K tools for BPCS 5.1
  • From: Zoran Pirjevec <Zoranp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:23:42 -0400

Ardi,

"Have you missed the concept" you ask? Many others and I think the answer is
yes. If you have the time and inclination for an indepth discussion, please feel
free to contact me.

Regards

Zoran Pirjevec

Ardi Batmanghelidj wrote:

> Glenn
>
> With several years in the business and one huge Y2K project under my belt, I
> can not understand why anyone would populate their database with false
> representation of dates. Updating the dates with -28 years locks you into
> perpetual date manipulation in all new programs, external file transfers,
> SQL, Query, Excel ETC, ETC.
>
> If the argument is speed of remediation, there are tools which insert
> programming right before a date representation on screens and reports which
> take the date from CYMD to MDY or DMY. They also do the reverse when
> comparing file and screen values or updating screen values into the file.
> What is the difference between this and having code inserted into every
> program which adds and subtracts 28 years to every date field in a record.
> As a bonus, dates in the files will contain real values.
>
> My experience is with 405CD in a heavily modified installation with over
> 3000 programs. I do not have experience with +/- 28. Have I missed the
> concept?
>
> I would appreciate any feedback and dialogue.
>
> Ardi
>
> >From: Glenn Ericson <Glenn-Ericson@att.net>
> >To: BPCS-L@midrange.com
> >CC: MKLBOURDIN@wanadoo.fr (Michael BOURDIN)
> >Subject: Re: Y2K tools for BPCS 5.1
> >Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:52:01 -0400
> >
> ><< attach1 >>

> +---
begin:vcard
n:Pirjevec;Zoran
tel;fax:+1 253 830 8454
tel;work:+1 516 253 0238
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Zoran Pirjevec Inc.
version:2.1
email;internet:zoranp@idt.net
title:President
adr;quoted-printable:;;36 Woodmont Rd =0D=0A;Melville;NY;11747;USA
end:vcard