  • Subject: Re: performance
  • From: "Lisa Abney" <abney@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:33:57 -0500

Marc/Roger ...

We are on 4.0.5, and run INV970 as part of our normal month end.  However,
due to the length of time it takes, we tend to skip it if the month end
doesn't fall on a weekend (as we're really pressed to get the system back up
to the users after our month end process).  The last time we did run, it
took 4 hours on a dedicated system (and we have a pretty big box!).  Right
now, the last time we ran it was Dec 31, and we have 917151 records in ILI
with 0 balances, and only 35266 that are not 0!

I just ran your SQL over a test copy of ILI, and was able to delete 897668
records (I selected with all 0's in the fields, in case it had activity this
month) in less than 3 minutes ... a big improvement!  Assuming I ran the SQL
statement as part of my month end (after INV900), any reason you can think
of I couldn't run this over ILI/IWI instead of running INV970?

Lisa Abney