From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Hoteltravelfundotcom
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:43 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: running batch jobs from QINTER

Is there any performance issue at all
running batch job in QINTER session. the job will take about 20 seconds
to run,

I would make it in a loop to run every few minutes. until I complete
the view that would negate the need for this run.

I would have it close itself every night and a scheduled job kick it
off in the morning.

The reason I dont want to put this in batch is because, the batch
queues are single threaded so you can't hold up the others. and there
are jobs that need to run before the daily IPL - if they dont the
machine won't come up. So am very afridai to mess around there.