Then wouldn't it be better to create a new JOBQ under QBATCH that is *not* single threaded?

Running batch work in an interactive subsystem is just a bad idea.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Hoteltravelfundotcom
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:43 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: running batch jobs from QINTER

Is there any performance issue at all
running batch job in QINTER session. the job will take about 20 seconds to run,

I would make it in a loop to run every few minutes. until I complete the view that would negate the need for this run.

I would have it close itself every night and a scheduled job kick it off in the morning.

The reason I dont want to put this in batch is because, the batch queues are single threaded so you can't hold up the others. and there are jobs that need to run before the daily IPL - if they dont the machine won't come up. So am very afridai to mess around there.