From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roger
Harman
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:31 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: running batch jobs from QINTER

+1 for QUSRNOMAX. When it absolutely, positively has to run NOW and not
hold anyone else up.

I use it all the time.

Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:59:22 -0500
From: vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Never a good idea to run batch jobs in QINTER - the characteristics of
the *INTER machine pool are that the jobs get a lot more priority than
they should for batch work.

Instead, use JOBQ QUSRNOMAX - there is no limit to the jobs that can be
run through there - and it's on the system for this exact purpose.

And hardly anyone else would know about it!!

HTH
Vern