Hi Dr.Franken,

thanks for that bit of information :)
My 'console PC' is an PCI based IBM running Windows 2000, so that should be fine then.

I think I'll go 5250-Express fishing on Ebay ;)

From: DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: Curious about IBM PCI Twinax card for PC experiences.

HA! Twinax PC hardwre... First put on in an IBM PC in 1984. The PC had a
hard drive and enabling the emulation software made the hard drive
disappear (The board swiped IRQ 5 which was shared by the HD Controller.)

These days I don't have a PC with a slot that would even take a twinax
card. Although, I've never looked, maybe someone made one for PCIe???

Either way it's going to be a software thing. If you have software for
the card that supports your PC O/S (e.g. Windows XP will be good, 8 will
likely be a disaster) then you are OK.

        - Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis