Re: Retrieving object text of locked data area

fixed

On 7/16/2014 12:09 PM, CRPence wrote:
On 16-Jul-2014 10:28 -0500, John R. Smith, Jr. wrote:
<<SNIP>> I've run some tests on a 7.1 machine and IBM has apparently
changed the rules between 6.1 and 7.1 because the API and other stuff
all work on 7.1.

Does "all other stuff" include Retrieve Object Description (RTVOBJD)?
For lack of an [documented] indicator revealing the object was locked
exclusively, I would hope not, as the information that is from the
object rather than stored separately in the OIR could not be correct;
e.g. the size can not be materialized in one thread\job when another job
holds that object with an exclusive lock. As well, any interface that
is not properly using the *EXCL lock as a semaphore for access to the
OIR will [albeit unlikely but still] potentially provide Incorrect Output.

In for a penny... The OIR can be got at with MI. MI programming is
handled on the C list here at Midrange.com. For a cheesy workaround,
try DMPSYSOBJ.
--buck