Retrieving object text of locked data area

fixed

I am writing a program to retrieve the object text of a group of dataareas
for display on a screen. I am having an issue where I get blanks for the
text for a dataarea when another job has it locked *EXCL. I have tried
DSPOBJD and RTVOBJD from CL. I have tried the APIs QUSLOBJ and QUSROBJ. Is
there another API that I am missing or some other way of getting this
information. We are currently at V6R1.