RE: Retrieving object text of locked data area

fixed

Why not put something like "Description unavailable. Data area is in use." for locked data areas?

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John R. Smith, Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:05 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Retrieving object text of locked data area

I am writing a program to retrieve the object text of a group of dataareas
for display on a screen. I am having an issue where I get blanks for the
text for a dataarea when another job has it locked *EXCL. I have tried
DSPOBJD and RTVOBJD from CL. I have tried the APIs QUSLOBJ and QUSROBJ. Is
there another API that I am missing or some other way of getting this
information. We are currently at V6R1.