*EXCL is exclusive, no read...

Nothing else can touch it.

Have the locking process changed to use *EXCLRD which is exclusive, allow

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 10:04 AM, John R. Smith, Jr. <smith5646@xxxxxxxxx>

I am writing a program to retrieve the object text of a group of dataareas
for display on a screen. I am having an issue where I get blanks for the
text for a dataarea when another job has it locked *EXCL. I have tried
DSPOBJD and RTVOBJD from CL. I have tried the APIs QUSLOBJ and QUSROBJ.
there another API that I am missing or some other way of getting this
information. We are currently at V6R1.