Yeah, Joe - I did not mean to suggest you were saying to get around licensing - just raising it as a possible consideration, as you explained here, as well. I used to work for an ISV, and this does raise an additional challenge for some of them. We had a few customers that started to use IASPs and just put our product on one of them - perhaps more for HA purposes than the one we are talking about.

That ISV already had a way of putting data into a library other than the installation default, so what you suggest for DBU could be entirely reasonable.