IASPs sound like a way of partitioning single-level store. But they don't
appear to be a way of partitioning runtime workloads. Or am I missing

The scenario I have in mind is having various URLs route Web browser
requests to various HTTP Server / Web Portal instances, which separate
application runtime workloads and data into various IBM i subsystems,
libraries, and directories (or LPARs, alternatively), which have various
runtime resources (job queues, memory pools, time slices, runtime
priorities) allocated to them.

amazon.com ads help fund midrange.com operations