RE: he said, she said (high cost of upgrading to v7r2)

fixed

I've seen it with Windows apps - vertical market (niche) stuff. Plus, some (most) of it is so obtuse that you have to pay the vendor to install it also.

Why vendors want to kill the goose that laid the golden egg is beyond me. Happy customers are much better in the long run than creating an adversarial relationship with your base.

To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: gmufasa01@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: he said, she said (high cost of upgrading to v7r2)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:59:18 -0500

I haven't checked yet, but when I have upgraded the os in the past...

there are those midrange software vendors that ask for additional
payment to run their software on a newer os, outside of normal
maintenance...

some of these vendors will try to spin it to say that "ALL SOFTWARE
VENDORS" demand payment, not just those who play in the midrange market.

My people who work in Microsoft/Intel environment say....
that this issue is, first, only limited to the IBM midrange, and two,
signals the final nail in the midrange environment.

is this practice limited to IBM midrange???