he said, she said (high cost of upgrading to v7r2)

fixed

I haven't checked yet, but when I have upgraded the os in the past...

there are those midrange software vendors that ask for additional payment to run their software on a newer os, outside of normal maintenance...

some of these vendors will try to spin it to say that "ALL SOFTWARE VENDORS" demand payment, not just those who play in the midrange market.

My people who work in Microsoft/Intel environment say....
that this issue is, first, only limited to the IBM midrange, and two,
signals the final nail in the midrange environment.

is this practice limited to IBM midrange???