RE: Jaspersoft

fixed

By "native" I mean not in a partition running linux. Running in a partition of i OS V7.1 What made me ask was this https://www.jaspersoft.com/supported-platforms I don't see anything listed except Linux and AIX as a supported OS. If does show Websphere as the application server which is good.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of D*B
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2014 1:23 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Jaspersoft

... it requires Java, so it should run on AS/400 (and all compatible systems like i5, i ...). What do you mean with native? The J9 JVM, as recommended in these days is some sort of Pase. To reduce the overhead and to get best performance, it would be best to run the components you need, in some server environment (start it once and keep it alive).

D*B