Hi, Paul:

I just found another nice circumvention ("work around") for you ...

Go ahead and just create the command with LEN(41) for the CMD parameter, but specify only 30 or fewer characters for that parameter.

Then, once created, issue:

CHGCMDDFT CMD(library/command) NEWDFT('CMD(''sudo /sbin/service jboss-as stat'')')

I just tested this, and this seems to work at V7R1 ...

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 4/10/2014 4:21 PM, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
So you can't code a CMD with a default of more than 32 characters, must do that in the CL, correct.
One last question.
This command or CLP can only run as user ICAPICTL.
Is there way of SWPUSRPRF within the CMD.
I know I can code the CL do to this if necessary.