Hi Paul,

I understand why you felt there was no cure.

After changing the display size to 27x132 the signon doesn't automatically come back.
After wrkcfgsts *ctl I see:
CTL01 Active
DSP01 Failed

After varying DSP01 off and then back on. The session does come back with a signon.
The top line on the window says 24x80. After signing on and going into seu and editing a
member the top line changes to 27x132.

Maybe that will fix it for you also.

On 23 Mar 2014 at 13:07, PaulMmn (PaulMmn <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) commented
about Re: Data files with nondisplayable :

STRPDM (SEU) from the console was a problem we had as well.
Annoying, but there was no cure-- the console -insisted- on being 80
characters wide!

I don't know if there's an option we could have taken when we defined
the console or not.

--Paul E Musselman