Re: restart of Power7 box reveals HMC incompatibility?

fixed

This is getting curiouser and curiouser.

Using DSPFMWSTS on my v5r4 partition, I get...

Display Firmware Status

Service partition . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Firmware update policy . . . . . . . . . . : *HMC
Server IPL source . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Temporary
Firmware product ID/release . . . . . . . . : 5722999 V5R4M0

--Server firmware-- -Operating system--
Fix PTF Fix PTF Update
Copy pack ID pack ID Status
*ACTIVE SF240_403 MH01231
*TEMP SF240_403 MH01231 SF240_338 MH01053 None
*PERM SF240_358 MH01088 SF240_338 MH01053 None

How can it say Service Partition Yes, and also have the Firmware update policy be *HMC?
There must be some distinction, no?

But at least it confirms that the HMC is controlling the FSP updates, not PTFs on the Server. So, then how did my FSP apparently get out of sync with HMC and Power 7 box?

BTW, the DSPFMWSTS command isn't available on our v5r3 partition, and I can't even get to our Power 7 server to see what it is set at.

Thanks for the advice.

Pressing on,

Thomas Garvey