According to google, prior to V5R4M5, when DSPFMWSTS was introduced, you
had to display FLASH LEVEL in STRSST. For more details check out "Systems
with V5R4M0 Licensed Internal Code"

I guess I could use a better definition between service partition. Does
that mean that yes your system is hmc managed but we'll give you the
opportunity to shoot yourself in the foot by making that partition have
the ability to change firmware?

Here is an excellent presentation,d.aWM&cad=rja

IBM Power Systems Technical Conference featuring IBM i
September 8 – 12, 2008 – Chicago, IL
Session Title: Power Systems
Firmware Management
Session ID: iSM02