RE: BRMS Backup Strategy and Implementation

fixed

We have no plan in place as to how we would perform our daily backups if
our primary machines were under an extended outage.
We do a switch test once a quarter.

There are only two times we ever dup tapes.
1 - Our year end save of just a few archived libraries.
2 - If IBM requests we send in a full system save for analysis.

Ok, the third time is a daily thing of saving to virtual, ftping that to
here. Using a DUPMEDBRM to get the virtual to physical.

Our most frequent requests for restores are "a user deleted a folder full
of documents from his mailbox in Notes. He'd like them back." If they're
all older documents then we can use a tape that rotated back from Iron
Mountain to here. Otherwise they may have to wait a day for the tape to
come back from Iron Mountain. Two if they don't tell us until late in the
afternoon. We're not authorizing a rush shipment for this error and they
can wait for the next scheduled delivery.
Speeding up this restore was determined not to be a cost justification for
a VTL.