We have no plan in place as to how we would perform our daily backups if
our primary machines were under an extended outage.
We do a switch test once a quarter.

There are only two times we ever dup tapes.
1 - Our year end save of just a few archived libraries.
2 - If IBM requests we send in a full system save for analysis.

Ok, the third time is a daily thing of saving to virtual, ftping that to
here. Using a DUPMEDBRM to get the virtual to physical.

Our most frequent requests for restores are "a user deleted a folder full
of documents from his mailbox in Notes. He'd like them back." If they're
all older documents then we can use a tape that rotated back from Iron
Mountain to here. Otherwise they may have to wait a day for the tape to
come back from Iron Mountain. Two if they don't tell us until late in the
afternoon. We're not authorizing a rush shipment for this error and they
can wait for the next scheduled delivery.
Speeding up this restore was determined not to be a cost justification for
a VTL.