RE: BRMS Backup Strategy and Implementation

fixed

Our PC servers have data replicated from one city to another via NetApp.
All their data is stored on the NetApp SAN. We have TSM (Tivoli Storage
Manager) running on Power Linux backing those up.
Our IBM i partitions use either Mimix, or Domino clustering to get their
data from 'primary' machines to 'secondary' machines here in our backup
data center. We use BRMS to back the 'secondary' machines up daily.
Both BRMS and TSM use the same tape library. We've partitioned the tape
library. Three drives for TSM, three drives for BRMS.

While most people fear that when they are bought the new holding company
will bleed them dry this was when we finally got the approval for Mimix.
That was a holding company or two ago.

The primary machines have their own tape library with four drives. However
we only use it once a quarter. But it also uses BRMS.