Re: Creating ASP for Journal Receivers

fixed

NO NO NO LOTS of ASPs! Many, it, um, it's good yeah! And don't worry about unused capacity that you can't get to, I Sell Disk!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com

On 1/10/2014 11:44 AM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

There's also the RAID striping (on SAS drives anyway) being spread across
more drives.

And do you want to buy a separate 5887 (and cards) to support your ASP2
versus sharing the same hardware?

And if ASP 1 is full and ASP 2 is only at 50% you would need to add disks
to asp 1 when your system actually has plenty of physical space.
It's these islands of wasted space that really discourages me from using
multiple ASPs.