Re: Creating ASP for Journal Receivers

fixed

One concern is getting your files journalled after a restore. You have to
ensure you restore the journals first. People may overlook this thinking
that ASP 1 is the Almighty.

While you should "know" this some people like to help default this by:
- keeping all journals in the file library. Which may be a problem when
commitment transactions bisect tables in different libraries.
- keeping journals in a library that should, by default, get restored
first (we begin ours with a special character, #).

And I've also heard that it's not the concern it used to be. Can anyone
name anyone who has actually restored journals from a secondary ASP and
applied them to an earlier backup as part of an actual DR caused by
catastrophic disk failure of ASP 1? And has done this within the last 5
years?