Re: Creating ASP for Journal Receivers

fixed

Hi, Chuck:

Could you please clarify the "/old style/" remarks?

I think on IBM System/38 in CPF, only certain object types could be placed in user ASPs (1-32). Can you recall what in release of CPF user ASPs were first introduced?

But, as far as I can recall, OS/400 has always supported the possibility to create libraries in user ASPs, at least since V1R2, which is when I first started using OS/400.

Thanks,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 1/10/2014 2:28 PM, CRPence wrote:

As long as the secondary ASPs are not the /old-style/ that prohibit
libraries, they could be used in an emergency [arising apparently, from
poor planning... just as could be considered, any extremely excessive
capacity on those secondary ASPs]. Such an ASP with extra capacity
could also be used, with proper planning, to store some
seldom-referenced data or ¿whatever? else that does not impact the
journaling environment too much.