Re: BRMS - full save with least amount of restricted time

fixed

Jeff answered most of your questions, I'll deal with the QUSRSYS and recoverability.

Yes the system is completely recoverable with the SWA on QUSRSYS, in fact I have performed many recovery tests using BRMS, and in many ways it works better than the manual recovery. Were you using BRMS for the SWA processing? If not I suspect that the checkpoint processing my not have been done quite right leaving some objects out of synchronization.

It is also true that a slowdown in normal activity will make the SWA work much better as well. The best situation is to be able to quiesce the the system for a short time (about 5 minutes in my experience) while the checkpoints are taken, particularly with *SYNCLIB or *SYSDFN check points.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects