On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Evan Harris <auctionitis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jeff

thanks for sharing, I'm following this with some interest.

2 questions:

- You say all the rest are save while active - what kind of save while
active are you doing ? What is the sync type ? Are you using a message
queue monitor to restart normal processing ?

BRMS control group statements:

*IBM *DFTACT *YES *LIB BACKUPS *NONE
*ALLUSR *SYSBAS *DFTACT *YES *LIB BACKUPS *NONE

Sync type *LIB. I'm not doing any message queue monitoring. Message queue
BACKUPS is in QUSRSYS.

- By my reckoning QUSRSYS will get saved via SWA. Is this going to be
OK in a recovery scenario ? My experience is not good using SWA on
QUSRSYS.

Don't know about recovery scenarios. The BRMS log has:

1/19/13 7:25:50 CPC3701 20 2137 objects saved from library QUSRSYS.

with no mention of any unsaved objects.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:24 AM, Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>