Re: HMC System Plan Question

fixed

One some machines it seems that I can put in a disc and all the lpars
instantly get the qsysopr message OPT1410 Volume ... added to optical
device.
I have one that doesn't. And, when I do the WRKHDWRSC *STG and drill into
it the card does support numerous disk drives so dynamically moving it is
rather problematic.

Orville,
You may have to come up with a different plan. Like copying from physical
media to virtual optical, move that to other lpar and then using that.