Sam

Thanks for running these - the lack of the promised exception makes this less useful. But IBM do listen, so I hope this can change.

Regards
Vern

On 11/13/2012 7:21 PM, Sam_L wrote:
Vern,

I put it in a CL program, which I called from both QCMD and with SBMJOB.
Both resulted in only a SQL0104 diagnostic message.

I ran this, which succeeded, as expected:
RUNSQL SQL('create table qtemp/mytable as (select * +
from QIWS/QCUSTCDT) with no data') +
COMMIT(*NONE)

Then I ran this, which failed with SQL0204, which is the right message,
but still only a diagnostic:
RUNSQL SQL('create table qtemp/mytable as (select * +
from ZZZZ/QCUSTCDT) with no data') +
COMMIT(*NONE)
And just for completeness, I did a SBMJOB, with the same result.

I posted a comment on the developerWork site.

Sam