Chuck

Because of some issues a customer had, I found that STRQMQRY does some extra stuff, beyond what the QM commands alone would do.

The main one is, it often or always creates a commitment definition. And it does not remove it when processing is done. THAT is what caused a problem when the customer created their own commitment definition later.

Using the QM commands themselves gets around this - no commitment definition unless you explicitly ask for it.

Also, if using the internal QM stuff, you can have up to 999 substitution variables - not that anyone is crazy enough to do that, eh?

As to CREATE VIEW & RUNQRY - again, that is 2 steps for the user - whereas using what all of us who have written - an EXCSQL or some such - it is one step to get the results of a SELECT displayed.

That's all I want from both RUNSQLSTM and the new RUNSQL.

Regards
Vern