Re: Download Director

fixed

I have a couple of questions about this.

First, If you do two in a row like this:
SNDPTFORD PTFID((SF99709 *ONLYPRD *ONLYRLS))
SNDPTFORD PTFID((SF99708 *ONLYPRD *ONLYRLS))
Does the second one wipe out the first one from *SERVICE and only leave
it's save files behind?
When I've done something like this I normally staggered them like so:
SNDPTFORD PTFID((SF99709 *ONLYPRD *ONLYRLS))
INSPTF LICPGM((*ALL)) INSTYP(*DLYALL)
SNDPTFORD PTFID((SF99708 *ONLYPRD *ONLYRLS))
INSPTF LICPGM((*ALL)) INSTYP(*DLYALL)
INSPTF is the command behind GO PTF, 8. And then do the IPL at the end.
If I stagger them this way am I less likely to fill the Link Loader?

Second, wouldn't you be better served by using the release agnostic
generics like:
*CUMPKG
*HIPERGRP
*DB2GRP
*BRSGRP
*JVAGRP
*HTTPGRP
*PFRGRP
than by using the actual group numbers? Granted, you'd still have some
customization upon release upgrades, but, some critical ones would still
be covered until you realized you forgot to change the program after the
release upgrade.

Third, I'd check this with the other group PTF's available at either fix
central or
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.NSF/GroupPTFs?OpenView&view=GroupPTFs