My company is considering separating dev from test.
For this survey: DEV is where programmers play; TEST is where business analysts and users try out new stuff, PROD is where the money is made.
Please respond only if NOT a software vendor - Im sure rules are much different when there are thousands of installs involved at a software vendor.
I would like to inquire how other iseries shops are handling this.
1) Is dev/test/prod on same LPAR?
2) Is dev/test/prod on same box?
3) How frequently are promotions from dev to test allowed?
a. No restrictions
4) Does separating DEV from TEST require more time& effort for a given development project?
5) What would be some reasons why this is a good idea (besides the auditors told us to)?
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2014 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact