Re: decommissioning

fixed

On 9/11/2012 2:07 PM, John McKee wrote:
About 6 months from now, our i will be decommissioned.

I just looked at the IBM website and the Disk Sanitizer looked
interesting. But, there appear to be restrictions, such as units
can't be on same IOP as load source.

Is there a newer procedure that will completely wipe everything
securely? Rob's. 50 cal method would effect resale value, I would
think.
The best way to handle it would be to pull the drive and plug it into a pc and then use one of the numerous free linux tools to wipe it.

And speaking of value, I'm always surprised at how much the value on i stuff falls. The used market must suck thanks to IBM's grip on keys and used software.

Thanks,
Mark