From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Lampert
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:18 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: decommissioning

John McKee wrote:
About 6 months from now, our i will be decommissioned.

I just looked at the IBM website and the Disk Sanitizer looked
interesting. But, there appear to be restrictions, such as units
can't be on same IOP as load source.

Is there a newer procedure that will completely wipe everything
securely? Rob's. 50 cal method would effect resale value, I would
think.

By the time we decommission a system, it's got no resale value left in
it. And we just physically remove all the drives, before handing it over
to the scrapper.

--
JHHL