Re: decommissioning

fixed

John McKee wrote:
About 6 months from now, our i will be decommissioned.

I just looked at the IBM website and the Disk Sanitizer looked
interesting. But, there appear to be restrictions, such as units
can't be on same IOP as load source.

Is there a newer procedure that will completely wipe everything
securely? Rob's. 50 cal method would effect resale value, I would
think.

By the time we decommission a system, it's got no resale value left in it. And we just physically remove all the drives, before handing it over to the scrapper.

--
JHHL